Think you’ll be bored on your summer vacation in Maine? Think again! Here is our list of 19 things to do this summer in Kennebunkport. While this list only scratches the surface of the plethora of summer activities found in Kennebunkport and the surrounding areas, we thought it could give you a head start for planning your Maine summer getaway. When visiting our Kennebunkport bed and breakfast, our capable staff can connect you with tickets, times, directions, maps and any other thing you need to take advantage of these summer activities.
-Your innkeepers, Bev Davis & Rick Litchfield
19 “Insider” Reasons to Visit Kennebunkport, Maine in 2019!
1. Take advantage of the spectacular view of the Bush Estate “Walker’s Point” on Ocean Avenue; it was the summer White House for 41!
2. Enjoy a swim at Goose Rocks Beach and enjoy the beautiful white sand. We provide towels and beach chairs.
3. Shop the many fine boutiques found in the Port’s Dock Square, just 3 blocks from the inn; we enjoy the variety of goods available as well as the personal attention of the shopkeepers.
4. Travel a short distance from the inn (only 2.5 miles) to Cape Porpoise Harbor to see Goat Island Lighthouse and the many Lobster Boats lined up like sentinels in the harbor.
5. The Franciscan Monastery Gardens and Grounds is a place for a quiet reflective walk.
6. The walking trails at Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm are perfect for a respite from the crowds and an opportunity to see some nature such as birds and deer.
7. A tour of the Kennebunkport Historical Society’s White Columns “First Families” Museum will provide you a brief history of the area as well as the family history of the Nott House.
8. To learn more of the shipbuilding history of the Kennebunks and enjoy a current historical exhibit, the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk is worth a visit.
9. For a nostalgic trip back in time, visit the Seashore Trolley Museum and take a ride on an old-fashioned trolley.
10. Learn more about the life of lobstermen by taking an educational cruise on the lobster boat Rugosa, only .5 miles from the Inn!
11. Go for a romantic canoe/kayak trip on the Kennebunk River and take along a Captain Lord Mansion picnic lunch to enjoy at Picnic Rock.
12. Enjoy a day at sea seeking whales on the “First Chance” Whale Watch cruise.
13. Bicycle along Ocean Ave to tour the beautiful stone edifice of St. Anne’s Episcopal Church and visit Spouting Rock and Blowing Cave.
14. Enjoy a sea Kayaking adventure with Coastal Maine Kayak; kayaking either the river or ocean is a lot of fun.
15. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through Kennebunkport’s village residential neighborhood and learn about the history of many of the lovingly restored homes there.
16. Take a relaxing scenic sailing adventure on the Schooner Eleanor or the Pineapple Ketch which cruises along the rocky coast where you can enjoy seeing many of the summer cottages not readily viewable by land.
17. Stroll through Ganny’s Garden on the River Green which is located in front of the Captain Lord Mansion. The garden is a tribute to Barbara Bush, by her husband and former President of the United States, George H. W. Bush.
18. Take advantage of dining at several of Kennebunkport’s fine restaurants.
19. Enjoy craft beer tasting at Allison’s Restaurant, only 3 blocks from the inn, where there are 22 rotating taps.
If you are loving these Maine attractions, make sure to book your stay with us for your summer vacation. Our Kennebunkport bed and breakfast rooms and suites are the perfect landing spot for relaxing after a fun-filled day!Book Now