Every autumn, people from all around the world come to New England to see something special. The legendary fall colors, a beautiful time where the once green hues of the trees take on a collage of red and gold. When they visit, we love welcoming them to our beautiful Maine bed and breakfast, where we are just a short drive from an array of colorful scenery. With cool temperatures, gorgeous scenery, and fewer people out and about, there’s no better time to take that getaway you’ve been dreaming about.
Cozy and Romantic Guest Rooms
As autumn arrives and the nights grow cold, you can stay warm and cozy in our luxurious and romantic rooms. Each room features all the amenities you expect plus little extras! With our cozy in-room features you won’t want to spend the evening anywhere else.
- After sightseeing all day, you can take a relaxing soak in one of our jetted tubs and enjoy the hydro-massage body jets. Nothing helps keep you warm like a hot bath.
- With heated bathroom floors and fireplaces in every single room, there’s no need to worry about the cold, we’ve got you covered.
- There’s nothing quite like coming back to the room after a fun day of adventuring and our rooms are designed around this core philosophy, comfortable and familiar with warm inviting colors and premium quality bedspreads.
November Specials and Packages
Unlike spring and summer months, fall and winter tend to be less busy. With smaller crowds and fewer visitors, much of the state of Maine settles down and prepares for the colder months. Typically you will find residents and guests wrapping themselves in layers and spending more time cozying up by the fire, relaxing at a spa, or enjoying some of the fun seasonal outdoor activities. This time of year is always great for proposals, romantic getaways, and anniversary trips with your loved one. To sweeten your fall getaway, we are offering these special packages and promotions.
- Make sure and pack a scarf because we’ve got a special deal for those who come and visit us in November during our 41st-anniversary celebration! Every night you stay in November you will receive $41 off each night at the inn.
- In addition, we’re excited to announce our 2 for 3 Thanksgiving special! Thanksgiving tends to be a popular time of the year for many guest bookings, as individuals and their loved ones come north to view the beautiful Maine fall foliage and enjoy an intimate holiday away. Make sure and book your stay early as we have limited spots available.
- For an even more relaxing vacation with your partner, our special romantic spa package for two takes the stresses of life away.
Cross Your T’s and Dot Your I’s: For reference, the $41 November discount cannot be combined with any other discount, coupon, 3rd party booking site or the “3 for 2 Thanksgiving” Package.
Shopping and Nearby Attractions
Though Black Friday shopping in November has developed a bit of a reputation in more recent years, there’s no need for it to be an unpleasant experience. With the crowds flocking to more busy department stores, smaller shopping centers with quality local goods make for excellent shopping experiences. After all, Christmas is right around the corner and fall is the perfect time to get your shopping done. If you’re interested, you can enjoy galavanting around the shopping malls or checking out other Maine attractions in the area.
- Only a 45-minute drive from Freeport is the Factory Outlets which are perfect for shopping in colder weather.
- Another Factory outlet nearby, Kittery to the South, is also recommended.
- Nearby attractions like antique stores in Kennebunkport and other excellent places to visit in close-by Cape Porpoise are certainly worth your time as well. Stop by our front desk for more information.
- Some other cool places to check out are the Seashore Trolley Museum and Vinegar Hill Music Theatre (closed for the season in mid-October).
Only a Short Drive Away
You can always find something fun to do when you stay at our small Maine resort. In fact, there are quite a few things to do in Portland, Maine that are only 30 minutes away! In addition to tons of great restaurants, guests can venture out to see various lighthouses, fantastic art galleries and museums in the area.
- The Portland Museum of Art, though a bit of a drive away, is an absolute must-see. With an unparalleled collection and a slew of unique exhibits and presentations, you could easily spend hours seeing everything the museum has to offer.
- The beautiful Victoria Mansion in downtown Portland, also known as the Morse-Libby House, is available to tour during the day and presents a look back at the history of the town and what life was like when it was built.
With the heat of the summer-long since passed and the beauty of the fall foliage on full display, there’s never been a better time to come and visit! With luxurious amenities, cozy rooms, and a diverse array of activities, a vacation in Kennebunkport offers a relaxing reprieve from the hectic pace of modern life. Go out and experience the sublime beauty of nature, head into town and check out the unique New England heritage that forms the area’s history, or just relax in your room and spend some quality time with a loved one. Whatever you decide to do, Captain Lord Mansion has everything you need to make your getaway one to remember for years to come.Book Now