Please feel free to email us or call us at (207) 967-3141 with your questions or photo requests.
- Inn Amenities
- History of the Inn
- Award Winning
- 26 Reasons to Visit Kennebunkport
30 Charming Bed-and-Breakfasts Across America
This historic shipbuilder's mansion offers a welcome respite to relaxation seekers year-round. With 21 elegantly appointed rooms and suites featuring heated bathroom floors, fireplaces and jetted tubs, Captain Lord Mansion is the perfect place to unwind after sightseeing. Continue reading...
Editor’s Choice Best of New England 2015
This grand, Federal-style inn immerses guests in a 200-year-old, sumptuously decorated sea captain’s mansion but pampers them with 21st-century amenities. Continue reading…
Kennebunkport ME Bed and Breakfast - Examiner.com
Captain Lord Mansion
April 1, 2011 1:06 pm ET by Frances Folsom
It’s April 1st and snowing making it hard to believe that Spring is actually here. But it is, and to welcome Spring, the elegant Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport Maine is offering the following May Specials. Continue reading…
Hillary Nangel, Maine Travel Maven
Capt. Lord Mansion – Plan ahead for Valentine’s Day with this February package at the Capt. Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, Maine
Yes, I know it’s November and that February and Valentine’s Day seem sooooo far away, but if you want to take advantage of the 28 days of Romance Package at the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, you should get crackin’ (and besides, a gift certificate would make a nice holiday present.) Continue reading…
Dime for Time Campaign
Each year, between January 1 – October 31, we pledge five dimes per guest visit to benefit breast cancer research and to support breast cancer survivors. Between 2010 and 2015 we raised $18,000 for cancer research and together with our “Breast Cancer Survivor Weekend” we have contributed over $75,000 in cash, rooms and other support to the effort.
Cancer Survivors Enjoy Free Weekend in Kennebunkport
It’s not exactly tourist season around Maine the weekend after Thanksgiving, but there is at least one inn that is filled to capacity that weekend. Each year on that Sunday & Monday, the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport gives all of its 16 rooms to breast cancer survivors and their loved ones. They are our guests for a complimentary 2-night getaway that includes breakfast, an afternoon reception, chair massages as well as other surprises and gifts. If you know someone that deserves this escape, please contact the innkeepers to nominate that person.
Captain Lord Mansion Heralded Among Conde Nast’s “Top 50 Small Hotels” in 2011
Media singles out Captain Lord Mansion as Great Value and Editor’s Pick
Kennebunkport, ME – Just ending their 34th year of ownership, Captain Lord Mansion innkeepers Rick Litchfield and Bev Davis have gathered their share of media accolades. Yet, the addition of Captain Lord Mansion to Conde Nast’s 2011 “Top 50 Small Hotels” was a true honor. Also, Travel & Leisure Magazine singled out Captain Lord Mansion as a “great value in Southern Maine” in a recent “Weekends” special section.
Awards and Accolades
Our Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast has received many awards and media acknowledgements throughout the 34 years of Litchfield/Davis ownership, including:
- 30 + years Four Diamond AAA Rating
- 2016 – Captain Lord Mansion is among the Best Hotels by U.S. News & World Report.
- Best of New England – Best Lodging in Maine 2015 Editors Choice Award.
- Chosen as a “Top 50” Small Hotels by Conde Nast Traveler 2011
- Selected among Most Romantic Inns by BedandBreakfast.com
- Selected as Yankee Editor’s Pick, 2003
- 2000 Millennium International Award of Excellence as one of America’s Top 100 Country Inns
- Captain Lord Mansion November 2, 1999 in Las Vegas, Nevada by the International Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau
- 1996 Super Star Hotel Award – Reed Travel Group
- One of the Original “Top 10 Inns in North America” Country Inns Bed & Breakfast Magazine (Inaugural year) January 1989 by Gail Kent and Charles Silver
- Co-choice “Best Bed and Breakfast in United States” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report December 1989
- Selected as one of the 400 Distinguished Country Inns of North America by the Select Registry, Marshall, Michigan
- Heralded as the Most Romantic Bed & Breakfast by the readers of the York County Coast Star for 4 consecutive years
- Designated as a “Star Select” property by both Fodor’s and Frommer’s Guidebooks
Join us in our Kennebunkport, Maine bed and breakfast for the ultimate romantic getaway.