Fall in Kennebunkport, Maine is magical. It brings peak foliage season and terrific weather – cooler than summer but warmer than winter. Take off on a fall getaway and enjoy this full itinerary of authentic Maine experiences that you just cannot miss.
Perfect Fall Day 1
- Arrive at the inn for your East Coast Fall Getaway and settle into one of our luxurious guest rooms.
- Relax after a morning of traveling and savor refreshments in our Adirondack-style chairs.
- Enjoy a good book, great conversation with your travel companion, or even a brief nap to refresh.
- Back at the inn, have a glass of Zinfandel Port from Terra dOro.
- Have a leisurely dinner at one of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Kennebunkport.
- Head back to your room, each of which comes complete with all the amenities you could ever need and sleep soundly in your comfortable bed.
Perfect Fall Day 2
- Wake after a night of sweet rest and devour a hearty family-style breakfast and a hot cup of coffee.
- Head out for a day in the crisp air and early fall sunshine and ride bikes along Ocean Avenue.
- Take in some classic Maine scenery and watch the lobster boats at Colony Beach.
- If you’d like, take an educational cruise on a working lobster boat on the Rugosa. Ask us to book A Hands-On Lobsterman Experience in Kennebunkport, Maine and we will do so!
- Continue a day of exploring Kennebunkport by touring St. Anne’s, a gorgeous stone Episcopal chapel. Marvel at the traditional beauty of the incredible building.
- View “Spouting Rock” and “Blowing Cave,” both natural ocean-side rock formations.
- Choose your favorite outdoor activity – kayaking, paddle boarding, or canoeing, and enjoy the Maine waters.
Perfect Fall Day 3
- Wake to another incredible breakfast at the inn
- Embark on a tour of Kennebunkport Historical Society‘s “White Columns.” Be sure to check out the President Bush Exhibit.
- Then visit Cape Porpoise, a quintessential local fishing village. Be sure to view the stately Goat Island lighthouse as well!
- Dine out for lunch at Arundel Wharf (on the river, a 3 minute walk from the inn!) You must try the Lobster Dingy – unbelievably delicious avocado stuffed lobster. Dining here also means dinner with a view! (Pictured right.)
- Go on a relaxing sailing cruise on the Schooner Eleanor or the Pineapple Ketch. Getting out on the water in the fall is always a blast!
- Return to the inn for some wine outside in the crisp, fall air. Take some time to soak in the scenery and create lasting memories.
- Savor dinner and chocolate dessert wine to end the day right.