|New England Inns & Resorts Association (NEIRA) presented Bev Davis & Rick Litchfield, the prestigious Masters of New England Innkeeping Award on Monday, October 27th at 7:00pm at the Samoset Resort, Rockport, ME. Bev & Rick are the Owner / Innkeepers at the Captain Lord Mansion, Kennebunkport, ME.”The Master of New England Innkeeping Award is given to people nominated by their peers, who have made a lasting contribution and left an indelible mark on the culture of New England hospitality. It is the special innkeeper who has developed a unique brand of hospitality, whose guests and staff have been energized by his or her personality and whose sense of style has made staying and/or working at his or her property a one-of-a-kind experience. The Master of New England Innkeeping Award was established in 2003 by NEIRA. to archive and preserve a living culture steeped in history that spans at least the past century.There will be only 25 Masters of New England Innkeeping and the following 13 have been selected:
- Karl Abbott~ Innkeeper and Author of “Open for the Season”.
- LG Treadway ~ Treadway Inns in Massachusetts
- Randall Spalding ~ The Spalding Inn, New Hampshire
- Margaret and James Smith ~ Wentworth by the Sea, New Castle, NH.
- Louise and Borden Avery ~ The Lake Morey Inn, Fairlee, Vermont.
- Warren Pearson – The Balsams Grand Resort Hotel, Dixville Notch, NH
- Mary and Robert Stone – The Lighthouse Inn, West Dennis, MA.
- Nancy Gray – Harraseeket Inn, Freeport, ME and Mystic Inn, Mystic CT.
- Roger Saunders – The Lenox Hotel, Copley Square Hotel and other regional hotels in New England.
- Steve Barba – The Balsams Grand Resort Hotel, Dixville Notch, NH
- Maureen McQuade – Inn by the Sea, Cape Elizabeth, ME
- The Dunfey Family – Dunfey Hotels in New England
- Bev Davis and Rick Litchfield – Captain Lord Mansion”
We are humbled and truly honored to receive this award because it is given by peers in the industry and represents recognition of their 37 years in the hospitality industry as innkeepers at the Captain Lord Mansion. Additioanlly, we are numbered among some of the giants in the New England hospitality industry. Wow! Your innkeepers, Bev Davis & Rick Litchfield