Each morning at our romantic Maine Inn and Spa, the Mansion’s talented breakfast cooks prepare a different family-style, multi-course breakfast which is served in the atmospheric Country Kitchen and the beautiful Dining Room. Each breakfast is a celebration of freshly prepared food using only the best ingredients such as freshly-squeezed orange juice, organically-farmed eggs, organic yogurt and Maine maple syrup.
First CourseBreakfast begins with choices including:
- Fresh fruit
- Creamy low-fat, organic French-vanilla yogurt
- Flavorful granola-type cereal
The second course consists of tasty muffins served piping hot from the oven to the table!
Main CourseOur main course varies from day to day so that you can experience variety during your visit. You may be offered one of the following scrumptious dishes, usually complimented by either applewood smoked bacon or maple sausage:
- Petite Belgian waffles with Maine maple syrup
- Maine blueberry pancakes with Maine maple syrup
- Strawberry-flavored, cream cheese stuffed French toast
- Mushroom, sausage and sweet onion soufflé
- Petite filet medallions paired with a fresh tomato, sweet onion and feta cheese souffle
- Mansion “Stackers,” a potato pancake layered with thinly-sliced smoked ham and scrambled eggs covered with a melted, white cheddar cheese sauce
It is the philosophy of the innkeepers at our historic Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast that the communal, family-style breakfast is a major part of the Captain Lord Mansion experience, thus there is no room service or breakfast-in-bed served.
If we have a small group for breakfast, we usually serve at the antique Lord-family dining table in our Gathering Room. As the numbers increase, we serve in the Country Kitchen and if the crowd grows larger, we serve in both areas so everyone is allowed a choice of times for our family-style breakfast.
We serve at 8:15 am and again at 9:45 am year round. At many times during the year, we’ll have almost all the guests at one point or another, sometimes serving 26 to 28 folks at one time. That is a real test of the staff at our Kennebunkport Inn!