Selected among the top 50 Small Hotels in the US by Conde Nast Traveler and a AAA four diamond rated inn for 35 + years, Captain Lord Mansion is a truly romantic Bed and Breakfast in Maine. For more information on Captain Lord Mansion call 207-967-3141 to order Captain Lord Mansion gift certificates.
In the Press…
Captain Lord Mansion
April 1, 2011 1:06 pm ET by Frances Folsom
It’s April 1st and snowing making it hard to believe that Spring is actually here. But it is, and to welcome Spring, the elegant Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport Maine is offering the following May Specials. Continue reading…
Hillary Nangel, Maine Travel Maven
Capt. Lord Mansion – Plan ahead for Valentine’s Day with this February package at the Capt. Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, Maine
Yes, I know it’s November and that February and Valentine’s Day seem sooooo far away, but if you want to take advantage of the 28 days of Romance Package at the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, you should get crackin’ (and besides, a gift certificate would make a nice holiday present.) Continue reading…
Dime for Time Campaign
Each year, between January 1 – October 31, we pledge five dimes per guest visit to benefit breast cancer research and to support breast cancer survivors. Between 2010 and 2015 we raised $18,000 for cancer research and together with our “Breast Cancer Survivor Weekend” we have contributed over $75,000 in cash, rooms and other support to the effort.
Cancer Survivors Enjoy Free Weekend in Kennebunkport
It’s not exactly tourist season around Maine the weekend after Thanksgiving, but there is at least one inn that is filled to capacity that weekend. Each year on that Sunday & Monday, the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport gives all of its 16 rooms to breast cancer survivors and their loved ones. They are our guests for a complimentary 2-night getaway that includes breakfast, an afternoon reception, chair massages as well as other surprises and gifts. If you know someone that deserves this escape, please contact the innkeepers to nominate that person.
Captain Lord Mansion Heralded Among Conde Nast’s “Top 50 Small Hotels” in 2011
Media singles out Captain Lord Mansion as Great Value and Editor’s Pick
Kennebunkport, ME – Just ending their 34th year of ownership, Captain Lord Mansion innkeepers Rick Litchfield and Bev Davis have gathered their share of media accolades. Yet, the addition of Captain Lord Mansion to Conde Nast’s 2011 “Top 50 Small Hotels” was a true honor. Also, Travel & Leisure Magazine singled out Captain Lord Mansion as a “great value in Southern Maine” in a recent “Weekends” special section.
Awards and Accolades…
Our Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast has received many awards and media acknowledgements throughout the 34 years of Litchfield/Davis ownership, including:
- One of the Original “Top 10 Inns in North America” Country Inns Bed & Breakfast Magazine (Inaugural year) January 1989 by Gail Kent and Charles Silver
- Co-choice “Best Bed and Breakfast in United States” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report December 1989
- 30 + years Four Diamond AAA Rating
- Heralded as the Most Romantic Bed & Breakfast by the readers of the York County Coast Star for 4 consecutive years
- 1996 Super Star Hotel Award – Reed Travel Group
- Designated as a “Star Select” property by both Fodor’s and Frommer’s Guidebooks
- 2000 Millennium International Award of Excellence as one of America’s Top 100 Country Inns presented to The Captain Lord Mansion November 2, 1999 in Las Vegas, Nevada by the International Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau
- Selected as one of the 400 Distinguished Country Inns of North America by the Select Registry, Marshall, Michigan
- Selected as Yankee Editor’s Pick, 2003
- Selected among Most Romantic Inns by BedandBreakfast.com
- Chosen as a “Top 50″ Small Hotels by Conde Nast Traveler 2011
Join us in our Kennebunkport, Maine bed and breakfast for the ultimate romantic getaway.